Wednesday, January 5, 2011

6/365

Today I had to go pick up a book I had on hold at my Public Library. I am such a huge fan of the library system. I have to tell you I might really be a bit obsessed. Now you can even get wifi there. You can buy the old books they are taking out of the system, get movies, cds, learn languages, and the computers that are always full when I go in there. I was so sad the day I walked in and almost 80% of the magazine subscriptions had signs that they were being cut due to budgets. BOO! I know they cut the hours for staffing and hours open, I hope that we begin to build up budgets again soon so that these important parts of our communities can continue to operate.

I have tried to instill how important libraries are to my son as he is growing up, I've been taking him since he was born. I personally was a bit intimidated with the library as a child, but I came to understand just how important and powerful it can be and I want to make sure he continues to go and feels comfortable there always.

Needless to say - I took a snapshot today of my favorite books, maybe the first real stories I ever read. One of these days I am going to go get the book that tells the story about this author. Or combination of authors that have compiled the stories of Nancy Drew.

LOVE them!

No comments:

Post a Comment