Saturday, April 16, 2011

107/365

Fun with my iPhone today.

I downloaded a camera app and was testing it out today. The app is called Retro Camera. It has a few different camera types of "cameras" to choose from.

I mainly chose this app because Worldwide Pinhole Day is coming up and there is a Pinhole Camera option. This year the special "day" falls on Easter. I think am going to attempt to make a pinhole camera this year - I think it will be a lot of fun! They have sources available on their website for how-to's, but I have to look, I have a few I have seen elsewhere. If I find them, I'll come back and share those links. I also have a photo somewhere in my archives of my first pinhole camera, a good old fashioned coffee can camera. My dad and I actually developed the negs ourselves and printed in our basement. Miss those days of watching the prints develop in the trays. Good stuff!

The app actually makes the iPhone act like a Pinhole camera. The second photo here is the one taken with the Pinhole camera option. See how it is blurry, I obviously needed to have the phone steadier, just like a real Pinhole camera! Definitely going to test this app some more.

Having fun on this dreary low-key Saturday!




No comments:

Post a Comment