Thursday, April 21, 2011

111/365



The photo above is my creative photo of the day showing one of the additions to my son's 'new' room. 

I've been working hard on finishing my son's bedroom upgrade from baby/toddler decor to a Outdoor bedroom look. It's been in progress for a while, but the guys were out camping for a week, so I had some time to spend without interruptions. There's lots left to do, but I definitely finished some of the larger items, like finishing the sewing of the tent cover and getting the lamp shades to match. 

Here's more photos from the room redo. The log lamps are courtesy of my husband and his handiwork (they took him some time, but they were a lot cheaper than the Anthropologie versions that got that idea started). I thrift shopped for realistically beat up frames, old signs I could revamp, lamp fixtures, a spool of $1 store twine, a little swiping of flies from my husband's stash, and some good 'ole roughing it ideas! It was really great to see my son's face when they got home tonight and how excited he was seeing the things I had finished. Mostly I think he was excited about the tent not having pins in them any longer. I also liked how easily he went to bed when he remembered he could close up his tent flaps when he got into bed, hope that lasts a while!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment