Saturday, January 15, 2011

16/365

At 6pm I still wasn't sure what to take a picture of for today. Obviously I had missed the sunlight. Boo.
Just a bit later the Big E saved the day when told me HE wanted to turn on the lights so we could take more pictures with the E's. Surprisingly enough I didn't jump up and down for joy, but contained my excitement. I was really happy it wasn't me persuading him for a change!

For this special occasion, we couldn't just use the same thing from yesterday now could we? Since he had on his new batman cape and his birthday mask, well, what else would you choose? Hope you enjoy!



To get an idea of how I created the bokeh the background is just a string of Christmas lights. You can see the cords more in the background in this photo. (now you'll see them more in the first photo too, but oh well, better invest in some white cord lights to do this again!)

Here's a better view of what is happening. On the left is a quick view creating bokeh by not focusing on the lights. Then on the right is how they look once I add my lens cover that I cut a batman shape for tonight.


I definitely like this exercise, but now I want studio lights to light the front subject indoor. Baby steps, baby steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment