Thursday, January 13, 2011

14/365

As I drive around these days, all I can do is think of what to take a photo of today. It's good and it's also kind of annoying. Not because I don't want to take pictures, or continue on this journey, but because it's too cold out there to get out of my car. I am not a cold weather person in the slightest! But (and yes, I started a sentence with but) I did it today. I made myself stop and take advantage of the fact that the sun had not set yet, and took some pics. I stopped back at the location I took photos of earlier with the gate. I think it's going to be my go-to place for another 351 days.

This mansion is going to be the first place I go to because:

  1. It is right on the way to pick my son up from daycare
  2. There are lots of things to explore and photograph, and 
  3. It is about the only place I can get to before the sun actually sets.
These photos were taken at about 4:45 tonight. I am happiest with the first photo, but the second you can see how low the sun is in the sky and there are some fun rays there. I will definitely try this type of shot again. I want to learn the best way to get contrast in the trees while not blowing the color out of the sky.

Yes, any and all suggestions are welcomed and encouraged!




No comments:

Post a Comment